If you’ve never ventured outside of the realm of traditional salsa, you’re in for a treat. Made with red onion, cilantro, lime and fresh pineapple, this tart and tangy salsa makes a refreshing accompaniment to juicy grilled pork chops. Serve as part of any summer meal.
- 4 ea boneless pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 2 tbsp Baja citrus dry marinade mix
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp Baja citrus dry marinade mix
- Coat grill with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300 F-350 F). Rub both sides of chops with 2 tablespoons of the marinade mix; coat with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- For the salsa, in a small bowl combine pineapple, onion, cilantro, brown sugar, lime juice, lime zest and remaining 1 teaspoon marinade mix; set aside until serving time.
- Grill chops, covered, 5-7 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F. Transfer chops to a serving platter, top with salsa, and serve.
If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
This recipe is
- Calories 210kcal 11%
- Fat 7.2g 10%
- Saturated fat 2.5g 12%
- Sugars 5.0g 6%
- Sodium 304mg 0 %
- 6.1g carbohydrate
- 0.5g fibre
- 27.2g protein
- 74mg cholesterol