These hearty turnovers are perfect just about any time of the day. They can also be frozen and reheated for an easy meal on the go. Serve with a side salad.
- 1 (16 oz) package uncooked pizza dough
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup 1000 Island dressing
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cups leftover corned beef , shredded
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces. Roll each into an 8-inch circle, using flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp caraway seeds onto each round, pressing in lightly. Spread 3 tbsp of the dressing onto each calzone, leaving ½ inch space around the edges. Place 1 slice of cheese onto ½ of each circle, folding cheese if necessary to fit.
- In a large bowl, mix corned beef and sauerkraut. Spoon mixture over cheese.
- Brush the edges of each circle with water and fold calzones in half. Seal edges with a fork and cut 2 small slits on the top of each. Transfer to a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 min., or until golden brown.
- Cut in half and serve with remaining dressing for dipping, if desired.
- savory 2 2016
- Calories 466kcal 23%
- Fat 26.6g 38%
- Saturated fat 6.9g 35%
- Sugars 7.3g 8%
- Sodium 1379mg 0 %
- 39.6g carbohydrate
- 2.5g fiber
- 17.9g protein
- 53mg cholesterol